Wednesday, August 19, 2009

This Is Yesterday's Blog

It was a busy day, fetching wood chips, mulching the rain garden, gathering windfalls from under the beacon, and -- of all things -- mowing the grass. Next year, I should plan better so that building and maintenance projects don’t happen during the harvest. Write this down: The Beacons come in the first half of August.

The picture of the anthills comes from the driveway that I sealed last week. Quote from Ian Malcolm, the Jeff Goldblum character in Jurassic Park: “No, I’m simply saying that life, uh...finds a way.”

***

I tried to post this Tuesday night around nine. I couldn't connect with Blogger. Like I said, I'd been busy, and part of the busyness was frustrating. I tossed the above together so I could say that I'd blogged for my twenty-fifth straight weekday. When I couldn't get on, it took me a while to figure out that the problem wasn't at my end.

My sour grapes are that computers and the internet are not -- repeat not -- a way of giving democratic voice to the world, but a way of concentrating wealth. I've touched this tar baby, and I'll never see the brier patch again.

No comments: