Saturday, October 9, 2010

Monday and Tuesday Drawing Groups


Drawings from Monday and Tuesday, the gestures from Tuesday. Tuesday was a problem I didn't solve, and still don't understand. There were a lot of us in a member's living room, and crammed close to the model. In the longer poses, I didn't get the proportions right, while thinking that I was doing a good job measuring. Do we have a zoom function in our vision that rationalizes close up distortion? Or was I measuring wrong?

The more finished drawing is of Laura from Monday night. That group was talking for a while about deep stuff: heaven, hell, belief, doubt, Christianity, and Buddhism (both American and Asian). I was surprised to hear someone express her deeply felt belief that the early deaths of worthy people argue against the existence of God.

No comments: